U.S. Citizenship Through Naturalization
Naturalization is the process by which people who were not born U.S. citizens can obtain citizenship.
The applicant must obtain a green card (i.e. permanent residency in the United States) first, and must have the requisite amount of time in the U.S. (normally continuous residence for 30 months).
U.S. Citizenship Through Naturalization Requirements
- Good moral character: You have not been arrested for felonies or misdemeanours that carry a possible penalty of over one year’s prison.
- Military registration: You must register as being available to serve in the U.S. military, unless you are exempted due to age or other reasons.
- Oath of Allegiance: You must take the Oath of Allegiance.
- Understanding of U.S. Civics: You must be able to demonstrate a good understanding about the way the United States operates, and how Americans live.
Naturalization applications are often straightforward. We strongly recommend you arrange a free strategy session with one of our immigration consultants as soon as you consider applying.
Trust Velie Law With Your Naturalization Application
If your U.S.A. Naturalization Application is important to you, here are four great reasons why you should speak to Velie Law Firm today.
- The care we put into all our applications gives us the highest success rates in the industry.
- Plus you get our “Success Guarantee” — if your first application is not successful, we’ll review and resubmit at no cost.
- You’ll deal directly with our in-house attorneys (no affiliates).
- Our services are flat-rate. You won’t pay one penny more!
* Our approval rate displayed is the average for calendar year 2014. Any result Velie Law Firm might have achieved on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.