DACA provides a means for an individual who entered the United States before the age of seventeen to apply for permission to stay and to work in the U.S.
DACA (“Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals”) was created through an executive order by President Barack Obama in 2012, and then extended in 2014.
Key Considerations for DACA Application
It grants non-immigrant legal status to individuals who entered the U.S. as minors, who have participated in U.S. society, and who have not been in trouble with the law. It does not, however, provide a step to help the individual to become a U.S. citizen.
Upon successful approval, DACA provides a renewable two-year work permit together with exemption from deportation.
The following qualification criteria may apply, among other considerations. The applicant must…
- Have arrived in the United States before their 16th birthday.
- Have lived continuously in the United States since at least 15 July 2007.
- Be under age 31 on 15 June 2012.
- Have either:
- completed high school (or GED),
- have been honorably discharged from the U.S. armed forces,
- or be enrolled in school.
- Have no conviction of a felony or serious misdemeanor.
Note that meeting all these criteria does not necessarily mean automatic qualification. Ensure you speak to an experienced immigration attorney to help maximize your chances of a successful application.
Trust Velie Law With Your DACA Application
Since the scheme started in 2014, USCIS has granted DACA status to about 581,000 people and denied to approximately 24,000, giving an average approval rate of around 96%.
If your DACA Application or renewal is important to you, here are four great reasons why you should speak to Velie Law Firm today.
- The care we put into all our applications gives us the highest success rates in the industry.
- Plus you get our “Success Guarantee” — if your first application is not successful, we’ll review and resubmit at no cost.
- You’ll deal directly with our in-house attorneys (no affiliates).
- Our services are flat-rate. You won’t pay one penny more!
* Our approval rate displayed is the average for calendar year 2014. Any result Velie Law Firm might have achieved on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.