The EB-1-2 Employment-Based Permanent Residence/Green Card (First Preference) is the academic equivalent of the EB1-1, and gives permanent residence in the United States to outstanding professors or researchers.
EB1-2 Visa Overview
Like the EB1-1, the EB-1-2 visa is one of the more desirable permanent / green card visas because the priority dates are current, which means there can be far less waiting time compared to other categories.
However, it is more difficult to qualify for and applications are scrutinized very closely. It is even more critical you select a very experienced immigration attorney.
The EB-1-2 is also desirable because there isn’t a requirement to go through the PERM process. The PERM process is where the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) requirement to “test the market” to prove there are no qualified U.S. workers for the position.
EB1-2 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must demonstrate international recognition for outstanding performance in a particular academic field.
- Must have at least 3 years experience in teaching or research in that academic area.
- You must be entering U.S. to pursue tenure or tenure-track teaching or research position at a university or comparable educational institution.
- Evidence must meet 2 of 6 USCIS criteria.
Trust Velie Law With Your EB1-2 Visa Application
If your EB1-2 Visa Application is important to you, here are four great reasons why you should speak to Velie Law Firm today.
- The care we put into all our applications gives us the highest success rates in the industry.
- Plus you get our “Success Guarantee” — if your first application is not successful, we’ll review and resubmit at no cost.
- You’ll deal directly with our in-house attorneys (no affiliates).
- Our services are flat-rate. You won’t pay one penny more!
* Our approval rate displayed is the average for calendar year 2014. Any result Velie Law Firm might have achieved on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.