The H-3 Trainee visa is for those coming to the U.S. for a temporary period in order to attend an established training program.
The primary purpose of the H3 visa is to provide foreign employees of U.S. companies the training they need, which is often otherwise unavailable in a particular field — such as business, communications, agriculture, and transportation (to name a few examples).
H-3 Trainee Work Visa Requirements
H-3 visa may be one of two types:
- Trainee – for training not available in petitioners’ home country
- Special Education Visitor – to participate in special education training for children with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities.
- Duration – H-3 Trainees may stay in the U.S. up to 2 years, and Special Education Visitors for 18 months. There are no extensions, but you may apply for a Change of Status
- Travel – may travel freely in and out of the U.S. while visa is valid (but time outside the U.S. still counts as time against visa duration)
- Family – Trainee’s spouses and children under 21 may accompany them to the U.S., but are not permitted to work.
H-3 Visa Employer or Organization Requirements
The U.S. employer or organization should comply with the following:
- Cannot be conducted with intention of employing the H-3 recipient – the intent of the training is for work that will ultimately occur outside the U.S.
- Provide detailed description of the training program, including hours per week in classroom and in on-the-job training.
- Summary of trainee’s prior experience, and why he/she needs the training.
- Explanation why training isn’t available in trainee’s home country.
- Statement of who will pay for the training without the petitioner permanently employing the trainee.
Trust Velie Law With Your H3 Visa Application
If your H3 Visa Application is important to you, here are four great reasons why you should speak to Velie Law Firm today.
- The care we put into all our applications gives us the highest success rates in the industry.
- Plus you get our “Success Guarantee” — if your first application is not successful, we’ll review and resubmit at no cost.
- You’ll deal directly with our in-house attorneys (no affiliates).
- Our services are flat-rate. You won’t pay one penny more!
* Our approval rate displayed is the average for calendar year 2014. Any result Velie Law Firm might have achieved on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.